CCCC and the Continuing Education Department offer classes at the college's campuses and instructional locations, online, and on-site at your business or industry. Workforce development classes are taught in the workplace bringing together employers, employees, and education to meet the needs of businesses and their workers. The classes are tailored to the needs of businesses and include not only reading and writing, but also listening, speaking, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
CCCC offers on and off-site literacy programs, such as:
- English as a Second Language
- High School Equivalency Diploma
- Workplace Focused Literacy
- Pre-college (link to pre-college)
Could your organization benefit from a workforce development class?
There are many indicators of low literacy levels, language, and numeracy. If you have noticed any of the following in your workplace, you may benefit from a workplace literacy program.
- High employee turnover rates
- Low levels of employee participation in meetings or the available channels of communication
- Poor quality reporting or frequent errors or omissions in forms and documents
- Inaccuracies in data recording
- Spoken instructions not followed correctly
- Frequent use of translation
- Avoidance of graphs, charts, SOPs, or other printed materials
- Poor estimation or planning skills
Are these basic educational skills, language barriers, and workplace inefficiencies causing your organization's productivity to decline?
Contact us now to find out what kind of training could benefit your business.