Other Financial Assistance/Emergency Funds
Child Care Assistance
The Child Care Grant Program provides financial assistance for parents returning to school.
Students in College/University Transfer, associate's degree, and diploma programs may apply. They must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the current academic year and must be eligible to receive the Pell Grant. Online-only students are not eligible for the Child Care Grant Program.
Funding is limited; the program provides assistance for 8 to 12 students per year. Students with the greatest need will be served first. Eligibility criteria will be strictly enforced and may change without notice.
Application: FAFSA and Child Care Grant Application
Eligibility Requirements/Responsibilities of the Student
- Single parent
- Homemaker (married) returning to school
- Have a child(ren) who is birth to age 5
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours
- Not receiving child care assistance from any other source
- Demonstrated financial need and income eligible according to the guidelines below:
|Family Size||Total Family Monthly Income||Maximum Annual Income|
Parent fee percentage is 10% of maximum gross monthly income
These income eligibility limits are adopted from the North Carolina Division of Child Development and Early Education.
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better and a cumulative completion ratio of 67% or better.
- Complete the free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for 2019-2020 and be eligible to receive the Pell Grant.
- Be enrolled in a College/University Transfer, associate's degree, or diploma program.
- Schedule an exit interview with the Financial Aid Office when dropping a course or withdrawing from school.
- Report changes to name, address, or phone number to the financial aid office within five days.
- Notify the financial aid office if a child is absent for more than five days.
- Submit monthly attendance sheets documenting regular class attendance.
- Report for mid-semester and end-of-semester reviews.
To apply for the Child Care Grant Program, please contact the Financial Aid office at (919) 718-7229 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Failure to comply with this agreement will lead to termination from the Child Care Grant Program.