Links & Resources


How do I apply for financial aid?

The first step is completing The Free Application for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) which is available online. A student must apply every year beginning October 1st for the upcoming Fall term. CCCC's school code is 005449.

Which FAFSA should I submit?

Students planning on attending Fall 2024, Spring 2025, Summer 2025 terms need to complete a 2024-2025 FAFSA.

Where can I get help completing my FAFSA?

Contact FAFSA online. If you need in person assistance, please contact the Financial Aid Office.

What is financial need?

Financial need is determined by subtracting the amount a student/family is expected to pay toward the cost (EFC) from the annual cost of attendance. A student with the highest need will be eligible for a greater percentage of financial aid assistance.

What is the status of my financial aid?

Students can check the status of their financial aid through WebAdvisor. Review missing documents under "My Documents" and view your Award Letter.

When will I receive my refund?

Refunds are processed throughout the semester based on the 10% point (census date) of each enrolled course. Attendance must be verified in each course prior to disbursement. Stay up-to-date on the Financial Aid disbursement schedule.

What happens if I withdraw/fail a class?

Federal regulations require that students maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) to be eligible for financial aid. CCCC requires students to maintain a cumulative 2.0 GPA and 67% completion rate. Failure to complete courses (Withdraw, Withdraw Fail, "F" grade, and Incomplete) or failing courses (W, WF) will affect a student's SAP status.

What if my family's financial situation changes?

When changes occur, a student should contact the Financial Aid Office to complete the necessary forms to ensure that your financial aid status is re-evaluated.

Is financial aid available for the summer term?

Students that are enrolled less than full time for either Fall or Spring term, can have unused Federal Pell Grant transferred to the summer term.

What is verification?

Verification is a process used to check the accuracy of the information that a student has given when applying for federal financial aid. If during the verification process it is determined that inaccurate information was in fact provided to the federal government corrections may be necessary.

What is the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT)?

The IRS Data Retrieval Tool (IRS DRT) is located within the income section of the FAFSA application and allows the applicant to transfer their tax information from the IRS directly to the FAFSA. You must use the IRS DRT whenever possible. If you do not you may have to submit hard copies of your tax documents to the Financial Aid Office and holds may be placed on your financial aid account.

What is Cost of Attendance (COA)?

Cost of Attendance (COA) is an estimate of the combined costs of direct and indirect educational expenses. It takes into account your basic living expenses, such as: housing, transportation, etc. Students are not allowed to receive aid that exceeds their cost of attendance. Use the Net Price Calculator for help

What is Unusual Enrollment History?

Unusual Enrollment History (UEH) refers to the circumstance where a student has enrolled at multiple institutions and received federal grant and/or student loan funding at those schools, all within a relatively short period of time, and is now attempting to receive additional aid.

What is Lifetime Eligibility Used?

The amount of Federal Pell Grant funds you may receive over your lifetime is limited by federal law to be the equivalent of six years of funding. Since the maximum amount of Federal Pell Grant funding you can receive each year is equal to 100%, the six-year equivalent is 600%. Once you hit this limit, regardless of your income, EFC, or other eligibility factors etc. you will have lost the ability to receive the Federal Pell Grant.

What is Return to Title IV (R2T4)?

Return to Title IV or R2T4 is a federal regulation which governs how much aid a student earns for a given term. For example, if a student completes 60 percent or more of a term/payment period, the student earns all eligible aid during that term/payment period, and a Return to Title IV calculation is not required. If a student unofficially withdraws before 60 percent of the term/payment period, and fails to earn a passing grade in at least one course offered over an entire period, then that student is considered to have unofficially withdrawn. If a student officially withdraws, then this institution will use that date to determine the refund calculation and the amount of aid earned. If the student is considered to unofficially withdraw from the term/payment period, then this institution will use the midpoint of the term/payment period to determine the amount of aid earned.

What if my family situation changes after I submit the FAFSA?

When changes occur you should contact the Financial Aid Office to complete the necessary forms to ensure that your financial aid status is re-evaluated.

How is financial aid applied?

Federal Pell Grant is awarded for the fall and spring semesters. The Federal Pell award is based on full time enrollment. If you do not enroll for full time status, your Federal Pell grant will be adjusted accordingly. If you do not attend full time fall and/or spring semester, your remaining Federal Pell amount will be moved to the summer semester. If you do attend full time both fall and spring semesters, you will need to save some of your funds from your refund to apply toward your summer costs.

Who is eligible to receive financial aid?

To be eligible for assistance you need to be admitted and enrolled in an approved curriculum major. Students enrolled as a special student (no major declared) or continuing education students are not eligible. Federal Pell grants are available for part-time students. The amount of the grant funding is adjusted depending on the credit hours taken.

How is financial need determined?

Financial need is determined by subtracting the amount that you or your family is expected to pay toward the cost (EFC) from the annual cost of your attendance (COA). ​Need-based awards include, but are not limited to, the Federal Pell Grant, FSEOG, Federal Work Study and state grants. The greater the difference between a student’s COA and their EFC, the more room they will have for need-based aid. Each college/university sets its own COA based on its tuition costs etc., while EFC is determined by FAFSA information.

What is Expected Family Contribution (EFC)?

EFC is a measurement of your family's financial strength and is used to determine your eligibility for need based aid. You receive an EFC based on the processing results of your FAFSA. Your EFC can be found on your confirmation page once your FAFSA is submitted or on your SAR, or online at​