Public Safety Administration
This area of study provides students, as well as practitioners, with knowledge and skills in the technical, managerial, and administrative areas necessary for entrance or advancement within various public safety and government organizations.
Employment opportunities exist with fire or police departments, emergency management organizations, governmental agencies, industrial firms, correctional facilities, and private industries.
- Online. The Public Safety Administration Degree Program is offered 100% online, so that students can continue their education while working.
- Flexible. By offering the program 100% online, CCCC can meet the needs of working professionals in the public safety field who may have irregular hours or alternating shifts. Students can choose how many classes they want to take each semester and finish the program at their own pace.
- Prior Learning Credit. The Public Safety Administration program is designed to grant credit for previously earned skillsets and credentials in the public sector. Law enforcement personnel will build on prior training and experience. Future program expansion may include prior learning credit options for fire, emergency services, and corrections personnel.
- Leadership and Advancement. If you work in the Public Safety field, or if you want to, a flexible degree you can earn while working is a great way to expand your career prospects.
What Students Learn
- Interagency Operations
- Crisis Leadership
- Government and Agency Financial Management
- Incident Management
- Administrative Law and Supervision
- Professional Standards