Student Records and Registrar
Transfer and Alternative Credit
CCCC accepts transfer credit from regionally accredited two-year and four-year institutions under the following rules:
- Students must request official transcripts to be sent to the Student Records and Registrar's office for evaluation. Official transcripts will not be evaluated until all transcripts (both high school and college) have been received.
- When deemed necessary, the student must provide course descriptions and/or course syllabi if they are needed to determine credit eligibility.
- Some courses may be ineligible for transfer credit based on time limitations as set by specific curriculum programs.
- Credit will be granted on a course-by-course basis for courses closely paralleling those offered at the college and must meet the credit hours of the CCCC course for which transfer credit is granted.
- Transfer credit will not be calculated in the grade point average.
- CCCC will only accept transfer credit for a maximum of ¾ of the course credit hours necessary to earn a degree, diploma, or certificate; ¼ of the courses must be earned for a grade at CCCC.
Once all transcripts have been reviewed, a student granted transfer credit will receive an email notification stating which courses have been transferred to the student’s CCCC curriculum.
The Student Records and Registrar's office reviews the following methods for possible credit for prior learning as alternative credit:
- Advanced placement (AP) exams
- CLEP and DANTES exams
- Professional military education (PME)
- Credit by experience
- Case-by-case basis
- Inclusive of apprenticeships
- Maximum of 20% for any credential
- Articulated CTE High School to CC Credit
- Credit by Examination
- Articulated local CE credit for State or Industry Recognized Certificates and Licensures