CCCC will hold groundbreaking event on Oct. 6
Notice: This article is older than 12 months. Names, contact information, programs, titles, etc. might have changed. If you have any problems please call the main college number, 1-800-682-8353, and we will be happy to direct you accordingly.
click image to enlarge ⊗
Central Carolina Community College will hold a groundbreaking ceremony on Thursday, Oct. 6, for the ... (more)
SANFORD - Central Carolina Community College will hold a groundbreaking ceremony on Thursday, Oct. 6, for the four Central Carolina Community College bond projects that were approved by Lee County voters in November 2014.
The ceremony will take place at 4 p.m. at the Dennis Wicker Civic Center, with a reception to follow.
"We are excited to be conducting the upcoming joint groundbreaking for our new facilities for CCCC. The overwhelming approval of the CCCC bonds referendum by Lee County voters authorized the funding mechanism for the College to move forward with the improvements to the Civic Center, the Emergency Services Training Center, the Veterinary Medicine Building, and several renovation projects on CCCC's Kelly Drive campus," said CCCC Board of Trustees Chairman Julian Philpott.
"In addition, the College will open its new Health Sciences Center in early 2018 on the Kelly Drive campus, which will provide much needed space for CCCC's Dental program and other allied health programs," said Philpott. "These upgraded facilities will continue to assist the College in providing its students with a quality educational experience as they pursue certificates and degrees at CCCC. We appreciate the continued support of the Lee County citizens as the College embarks on this period of construction in Lee County."
The four projects include:
- Construction of the Oscar A. Keller Jr. and Elderlene R. Keller Health Sciences Center. Construction is scheduled to begin in Winter 2017 with completion in Summer 2018.
- Expansion and renovation of the Veterinary Medical Technology facility. Construction is scheduled to begin in Fall 2016 with completion in Fall 2017.
- Renovation and expansion of the Emergency Services Training Center and the Lee Main Campus. ESTC construction is scheduled to begin in Fall 2016 with completion in Summer 2017. Renovations on the Lee Main Campus are to be determined on the priority established by the college and the scheduling of other construction work occurring on campus.
- New construction and renovation at the Dennis A. Wicker Civic Center. Construction is scheduled to begin in Winter 2017 with completion in Spring 2018.
For more information on Central Carolina Community College, visit www.cccc.edu.
- Admin, Faculty & Staff Category
- Arts & Entertainment Category
- Clubs Category
- College & Community Category
- College General Category
- Continuing Education Category
- Curriculum Programs Category
- Distance Education Programs Category
- Facilities/Buildings Category
- Finances Category
- Foundation Category
- Graduations Category
- Lee Early College Category
- NCCCS Category
- SGA Category
- Special Events Category
- Sports Category
- Students/Graduates Category
- Uncategorized Category
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021