CCCC prepares for summer classes, programs
Notice: This article is older than 12 months. Names, contact information, programs, titles, etc. might have changed. If you have any problems please call the main college number, 1-800-682-8353, and we will be happy to direct you accordingly.
SANFORD - Summer classes begin May 18 at Central Carolina Community College.
Here's a look at the summer classes and programs at CCCC.
In past summer semesters, CCCC's math and sciences offerings were focused primarily on serving students either entering or already enrolled in health sciences and certain vocational programs. CCCC will continue to offer such courses as Anatomy and Physiology I and II, as well as applied math and physics courses that are prescribed for these programs.
However, for the Summer 2015 term, CCCC is providing a much broader and deeper range of courses. Online sections of popular university transfer courses such as General Biology, Introduction to Geology, Conceptual Physics, Quantitative Literacy, and Precalculus Trigonometry have been added. Also added are sections in General Chemistry, General Microbiology, Zoology, and Precalculus Algebra in formats that include a mixture of seated and online learning.
For university-bound students who prefer more traditional face-to-face instruction, classes include Environmental Biology, Calculus I, and Statistical Methods I.
There are a variety of summer classes available to students. Visit the website http://www.cccc.edu/registrar/schedules/?type=Curriculum to see the various available courses.
New students can visit www.cccc.edu/apply to start the application and enrollment process. Call 919-718-7300 for more information. Current students can visit www.cccc.edu/advising to locate your advisor and registration steps. Distance students may call 919-718-7315 for more information.
Special late-starting classes
CCCC has a special set of late-starting eight-week classes available to all students, but designed specifically for students graduating high school in June. As participants in the Career and College Promise program, these high school students can earn transferable course credits with no tuition cost.
Sections set up for the late-start include Principles of Biology (Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9 to 11:50 a.m., seated lab in Lee County), General Chemistry (Mondays and Wednesdays, 9:25 to 10:40 a.m., seated in Lee County), Introductory Geology (available online in Chatham, Harnett, and Lee counties), and Precalculus Algebra (available online in Chatham, Harnett, and Lee counties).
For enrollment information, please contact -- Home School Students: Jamee Stiffler, Dean of Admissions, 919-718-7526; Charter and Private Schools: Virginia Brown, Director of Secondary Partnerships, 919-718-7370; Chatham, Harnett, and Lee County Schools: Please contact the Career and College Advisor at your assigned high school.
New student orientation
Central Carolina's New Student Orientation program is a wonderful opportunity to get questions answered and get started navigating the logistics associated with starting college or transferring from one school to another.
Here is the summer new student orientation schedule:
- In Chatham County (Chatham Main Campus, Pittsboro) -- June 25, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; July 29, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- In Harnett County (Harnett Main Campus, Lillington) -- June 23, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; July 22, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- In Lee County (Lee Main Campus, Sanford) - June 18, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; July 15, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Aug. 6, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Aug. 13, 6 to 8 p.m.
For more information, students can visit www.cccc.edu/orientation.
Youth Enrichment Series
Registration has begun for Central Carolina Community College's Youth Enrichment Series (YES).
- In Lee County, YES program courses include Adventures in Mathematics and Reading (ages 5-7), Babysitter Certificate (ages 14 & up), Ballroom Dance (ages 5-10, 11-13, and 11 & up), Beginning German (ages 11-13), CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (ages 11-13), Culinary Teen Baking (ages 10-15), Culinary Teen Cooking (ages 10-15), Healthcare Career Exploration (ages 11 & up), Math Refresher (ages 11-13), Reading Camp (rising first and second graders, ages 5-7), and Singer Songwriter (ages 11-13 and 14 & up). In addition, a basketball camp and a football camp for ages 11-13 are being offered in Lee County.
- In Chatham County, YES program courses include Babysitter Certificate (ages 14 & up), Exercise Activity Day on the Pittsboro Trail (ages 11-13), Explore and Learn Summer Camp (ages 9-12), Healthcare Career Exploration (ages 11 & up), and Kids Cooking Camp (ages 5-7).
- In Harnett County, YES program courses include Babysitter Certificate (ages 14 & up), Creative Speaking and Writing (ages 11-17), Entrepreneur Boot Camp (ages 11-17), Four Stories In Four Days (ages 11-13), and Healthcare Career Exploration (ages 11 & up).
Scholarships - first-come, first-serve - are available for the summer Youth Enrichment Series. Only one child per family will be awarded a scholarship.
All participants in the Summer Youth Enrichment Series must have an emergency medical forum and YES registration form on file in the CCCC Continuing Education office no later than five days prior to the first day of class. Forms can be completed by downloading them from the CCCC website at www.cccc.edu/yes.
Registration information is available online at https://webadvisor.cccc.edu ("YES" -- course code number search).
For more information on Central Carolina Community College, visit www.cccc.edu.
- Admin, Faculty & Staff Category
- Arts & Entertainment Category
- Clubs Category
- College & Community Category
- College General Category
- Continuing Education Category
- Curriculum Programs Category
- Distance Education Programs Category
- Facilities/Buildings Category
- Finances Category
- Foundation Category
- Graduations Category
- Lee Early College Category
- NCCCS Category
- SGA Category
- Special Events Category
- Sports Category
- Students/Graduates Category
- Uncategorized Category
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020