CCCC hosts College Connections experience
Notice: This article is older than 12 months. Names, contact information, programs, titles, etc. might have changed. If you have any problems please call the main college number, 1-800-682-8353, and we will be happy to direct you accordingly.
click image to enlarge ⊗
Dr. Carl Bryan, Central Carolina Community College Health & Fitness Science Program Director, ... (more)
SANFORD - Nine students successfully completed summer requirements for Central Carolina Community College's College Connections free first-year experience and have chosen to continue their academic journey at the college.
The no-cost program is designed to offer a cohort of incoming freshmen the chance to prepare for college life, focus on career exploration, earn free summer course credit, enrich their academic skills, and have fun with new friends. This cohort will have additional opportunities beyond the summer to earn micro credentials and stay engaged socially during their time at college.
The eight-week summer semester program included a free laptop ... and lunch each day. Students had the opportunity to meet more than 30 college faculty and staff who helped them decide on academic and career plans for their futures.
Student comments included:
- "All the faculty had great energy and inspired me to work toward my goals. I am so grateful for this experience."
- "This program means that I have a whole new world opened up to me. I learned how to use my computer in a way I never thought I could."
- "This program gives you opportunities that you won't experience anywhere else. It helps you find your passion, your drive, what you want to progress in life with. They also help you understand college life, and you get to meet faculty."
- "This program means knowledge. It lets you know you are not alone."
Dr. Cristy Holmes, CCCC Associate Dean of University Transfer and Academy Advising, said the College Connections Experience positively impacted everyone involved. "I'm not sure who was more excited about the opportunity, the students or the staff," said Dr. Holmes. "The students were hungry to learn how to navigate college life. They were surprised by the variety of academic pathways, resources, and career opportunities open to them. Seeing the college through the students' eyes reminded me why we do what we do."
Those with questions about this program can contact Dr. Holmes at (919) 718-7225 or by email at email@example.com.
For more information on Central Carolina Community College - which is dedicated to providing pathways to achievable dreams, visit www.cccc.edu.
- Admin, Faculty & Staff Category
- Arts & Entertainment Category
- Clubs Category
- College & Community Category
- College General Category
- Continuing Education Category
- Curriculum Programs Category
- Distance Education Programs Category
- Facilities/Buildings Category
- Finances Category
- Foundation Category
- Graduations Category
- Lee Early College Category
- NCCCS Category
- SGA Category
- Special Events Category
- Sports Category
- Students/Graduates Category
- Uncategorized Category
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021