Associate in Arts University Transfer

There are lots of good reasons to start your four-year degree at CCCC. Quality of instruction is at the top of the list. There are more reasons like convenience, low cost, and a safe environment, but quality of instruction leads the way.

Every member of the university transfer faculty has a minimum of a master's degree. Some have earned doctorate degrees. Did you know that graduate students teach many freshman-level courses at big universities? CCCC faculty members love to teach, and they have years of experience.

Class size is important for learning. Classes at CCCC are small. Instructors will know you by name. They care about your success.

Tuition at a public university averages about four times more than the tuition cost at CCCC. Add the cost of room and board, transportation, and fees, and you could save about $22,000 by attending CCCC for the first two years of your four-year degree.

Academic support services are also strong points at CCCC. Besides the one-on-one relationships you can have with instructors, the college library is a modern computerized facility with online resources that help you quickly find the materials needed for your academic success.

Other outstanding support services include career counseling and financial assistance provided through student services. Academic counselors work closely with students as they prepare for the transition from the community college to a university atmosphere.

Student life at CCCC is more varied than many would guess. Because of the unique educational programs available only at CCCC, our student body is diverse. Students from more than fifty NC counties are enrolled here each year. Numerous out-of-state students also make CCCC their first choice.

Safety is a growing concern throughout the nation as well as on college campuses. Providing a safe and comfortable atmosphere is a priority at CCCC.

In addition to an active student government association, CCCC also supports intercollegiate sports. Teams in basketball, golf, volleyball, and cross country participate in NJCAA, Division 3, playing junior colleges and university freshman teams.

You can choose from three transfer programs, the Associate in Arts, or the Associate in Science. The Associate in Arts degree stresses liberal arts classes in communications, social and behavioral sciences, humanities and fine arts. The Associate in Science program features studies in natural and physical sciences, mathematics, and social sciences.

The university transfer classes are offered during the day and evening at campuses in Lillington, Pittsboro, and Sanford. Many classes are available via distance education in an online-only format requiring no travel to a CCCC campus. Other classes are hybrid courses that blend on-campus and online learning. All distance education courses are taught by credentialed faculty and guided by the same learning outcomes.

What Students Learn

Students successfully completing the Associate in Arts Program will be able to:

  • Write clearly and accurately in a variety of contexts and formats
  • Speak clearly and accurately in a variety of contexts and formats
  • Exhibit identified critical thinking skills to pose questions, process information, and make decisions
  • Exhibit an awareness of global and multicultural issues

Please Note:
Curriculum guides are for students who enroll during the current academic year. Students enrolled during a previous academic year should visit the Program Evaluation link in WebAdvisor to find the required list of courses for graduation. For assistance, consult your advisor.