Central Carolina's AAS in Bioprocess Technology will provide the theoretical background and hands-on experience for students seeking a career in biopharmaceutical manufacturing as well as provide current pharmaceutical employees the opportunity for promotion and bachelor’s degree transfer.
- Hybrid/Blended and Online courses: Face-to-face hands-on lab hours (day and evening) combined with online learning provides maximum flexibility
- Personalized, one-on-one advising
- BioWork Certificate: short-term industry credential, eligible for state processing technician exam, translates in credit for BPM 110 (5 credits) and PTC 110 (3 credits)
- Certificate, Diploma, and Associates in Applied Science options for bachelor’s degree transfer. East Carolina University offers a transfer option into the Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology program (online option available).
The Bioprocess Technology curriculum is designed to prepare individuals to work as process operators in biological manufacturing facilities like the biopharmaceutical industry. Employment opportunities exist in the Central Carolina region and extend state-wide into regional biotechnology hubs like Research Triangle Park near Raleigh/Durham with starting salaries around $55,000.
- strong basic science foundation
- sound understanding of major technologies and regulatory systems
- consistent problem-solving and attention to detail
- collaborative and disciplined work ethic
Upon successful completion of the program, individuals should possess the necessary skills to qualify for employment in a variety of Bioprocessing industries.