New Student Orientation
Welcome to CCCC! We are excited that you have chosen to attend CCCC. Central Carolina's New Student Orientation program is a wonderful opportunity to get questions answered and get started navigating the logistics associated with starting college or transferring from one school to another. It is also an opportunity to make friends and have FUN!
The New Student Orientation program hosts organized, purposeful, and positive introduction sessions for all new CCCC students and their families. These sessions help them become familiar with services and programs vital to their successful transition as full and active members of the CCCC community. Partnering collaboratively with other college offices and departments, these sessions help students gain the skills, information and meaningful relationships important to successful long-term academic and personal outcome.
1105 Kelly Dr. Sanford, NC 27330-9840
Classroom & Fitness Center (CFC) (17) Building (Get Map)
|July 16 (Wednesday - check-in begins at 9:30 a.m.)
|August 5 (Tuesday - check-in begins at 9:30 a.m.)
|August 7 (Thursday, 5:30-8:00 p.m. check-in between 5:30 - 5:45 p.m.)
Placement testing will not available during this session. If you need to take the placement test, contact Admissions at (919) 718-7300 to schedule an appointment.
1075 E. Cornelius Harnett Blvd. Lillington, NC 27546-7672
Miriello Administration (01) Building (Get Map)
764 West Street Pittsboro, NC 27312-8822
Health/Cont. Ed (02) Building (Get Map)
|9:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
||Check-in and Student Activities Expo
|10:00 a.m. - 10:15 a.m.
|10:20 a.m. - 10:40 a.m.
STUDENTS: Small Group Activity
Family & Guests: Partnering with Students, Part 1
|10:45 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
STUDENTS: Career and College Pathways
Family & Guests: Partnering with Students, Part 2
|11:35 a.m. - 11:55 a.m.
||Concurrent Session #1 (Financial Aid, Student Panel, Distance Education)
|12:00 a.m. - 12:25 p.m.
||Concurrent Session #2 (Financial Aid, Student Panel, Distance Education, Campus Tour)
|12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
||Lunch and College Services Expo
|If a student is READY to register for classes:
|1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
||Registration begins at 1:00 for Harnett and Chatham
||Registration begins at 1:40 for Lee
|If a student is NOT READY to register for classes or has not taken the placement test:
|1:15 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
||Concurrent Placement Test Review Session
|2:15 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
||Concurrent Placement Test Review Session
|1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
|3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
||Registration will begin after student completes placement tests.
|5:30 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.
|5:45 p.m. - 5:55 p.m.
|6:00 p.m. - 6:25 p.m.
|6:30 p.m. - 6:55 p.m.
|7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
|A limited number of Admissions Counselors will be available for registration. Please plan to take the placement test and register for classes prior to attending this session.
Students who need an accommodation during the New Student Orientation program, should provide this information on the Registration Form.
We will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodations based on the information provided to insure that students can maximize their participation and enjoyment during the New Student Orientation Program. The time of notification and the nature of the accommodation requested may limit the services that can be provided. However, we will work with the Special Populations Office to review each request and determine services that may be available.
If a student has a temporary disability or injury after registration, for which mobility assistance or other services may be needed, please email our office to make the necessary arrangements at Success@cccc.edu.
To contact the Special Populations Office, you may email the Special Populations Coordinator Matt Smith, email@example.com.
What To Bring
- Photo Identification: Drivers Licence
- SAT or ACT Scores: If you have not turned in SAT or ACT scores, you can bring them the day of (Check out the link to see if you need to bring them, based on scores) www.cccc.edu/studentservices/placementtesting/faqs/
- Transcripts: All official transcripts must be sent to the CCCC Admissions Office
- FASFA Documents: If you have not applied for FASFA, you will need to bring all documents needed. There will be opportunities for help in applying for FASFA (Check out the link to see what you must bring) www.fafsa.ed.gov/help/before003.htm or www.fafsa.ed.gov/help.htm
- Who should I contact if I have questions about New Student Orientation?
- For further assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-718-7485. We look forward to speaking with you!
- Do I have to register online to attend CCCC's Orientation!?
- We encourage you to register online to ensure there is enough space and material to accommodate all participants. When maximum room capacity is reached, reservations will be closed.
- Can parents or family members attend Orientation? Do they need to register also?
- Yes! A student can bring up to 2 adults. Please include them in the "number of people attending" as you register for your orientation session.
- How do I register for Orientation specifically by location?
- The Orientation sessions listed here are listed by Date, Starting Time, and Campus. Please click a session that best fits your schedule, and then click the "register" link. You will be asked a couple of questions to verification purposes and that will complete the registration process.
- How will I know my online registration has been received?
- You will receive a confirmation email from CCCC after registering, which will provide all the details about your Orientation session. This email will be sent to the email address that you choose to use list during the registration process.
- Can I cancel my online registration?
- Yes. To cancel an existing registration, simply select the "Cancel Orientation" option on the left-hand side of the Orientation website. Doing so will help ensure that we have an accurate number of students and materials for each session.
- Are ALL new students required to attend an Orientation session?
- Students who attend college orientation programs are better prepared academically to start their first semester of college Attendance is expected by ALL incoming students to attend a CCCC orientation session if they plan to attend CCCC in the fall.
- Which campus should I go to for Orientation?
- It doesn't matter. However, it's a good idea to attend the campus where most of your fall classes are held so you can become familiar with that campus and its resources.
- Can I pay for tuition and fees on my CCCC Orientation Day?
- YES, depending on the date of orientation!
- Can my children attend the CCCC orientation?
- The CCCC orientation is designed for college students and their adult family members. Therefore, children are not encouraged to attend.
- Can I register for classes and/or take placement testing?
- Yes, there is time set aside for during each orientation session for students to meet with an advisor along with time set aside for testing. Check out the Placement Testing Webpage to prepare for the test and review your Program of Study to prepare for registration.
- What if I cannot attend one of the Summer Orientation dates?
- We provide a variety of sessions to accommodate the busy schedules of our new students. If you are unable to attend one of our Summer Orientation sessions due to an insurmountable hardship, please email us and we will assist you with finding a solution. Vacations, summer jobs, and other obligation are important, but New Student Orientation helps students prepare for a successful college career, and in the long run, is a great investment of time for both new students and their families.