Lisa Chapman has been in the North Carolina Community College System for 22 years. She currently serves as the Vice President of Academic Affairs at Central Carolina Community College (CCCC). Her teaching experience includes varied life science courses in the traditional and distance classroom. Over the years, multiple roles and memberships have allowed Dr. Chapman to demonstrate her educational leadership and experience.
Her positions at CCCC include the following:
- Dean of University Transfer, Health Sciences and Developmental Studies
- Department Chair of Math and Sciences
- Lead Instructor in Biology
Membership affiliations (past and present) include the following:
- Executive Board Member (Central Region Representative) of The North Carolina Community College System's College Transfer Program Association
- Graduate of the North Carolina Community College Leadership Program
- Charter member and Graduate of Leedership in Sanford
- Graduate of the Executive Leadership Program for Community College Leaders sponsored by the North Carolina State University Adult and Higher Education Department and the North Carolina Community College System
- North Carolina Association of Community College Instructional Administrators
- Women Administrators in North Carolina Higher Education
- Delta Rho Chapter of Delta Kappa Gamma (professional honorary society of women educators)
She earned her BS in Zoology at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, her MS in Physiology at East Tennessee State University, and her Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.