CCCC will present class for Public Safety personnel
Notice: This article is older than 12 months. Names, contact information, programs, titles, etc. might have changed. If you have any problems please call the main college number, 1-800-682-8353, and we will be happy to direct you accordingly.
SANFORD - Central Carolina Community College and Public Safety UAS Institute will present the Public Safety UAS Remote Pilot Prep Course April 30-May 4 (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) at the Emergency Services Training Center, 3000 Airport Road, Sanford.
This class prepares public safety personnel to begin the process of starting a UAS (unmanned aircraft system)/drone program in their agency, as well as to sit for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Part 107 Remote Pilot exam and the NCDOT UAS Operator Permit test -- both of which are required for a public safety UAS program in North Carolina.
The class will consist of five days of study for a total of 40 hours.
- The first three eight-hour days will be in the classroom.
- Day four will be eight hours of hands-on basic flight training.
- Day five will continue with hands-on training and flying in simulated real-life scenarios.
All hands-on training will be done flying aircraft similar to what they may actually use in the field.
Tuition may be waived for volunteer, municipal, county, or state agency. There is a $50 material fee per student payable on the first day of class. For those who are not an active public safety employee / volunteer, the course will be $125 plus the $50 material fee. Please make material fee checks payable to Public Safety UAS Institute.
To register or for more information, people can contact Hampton Williams, CCCC Fire & Rescue Training Coordinator, at 919-777-7778 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Admin, Faculty & Staff Category
- Arts & Entertainment Category
- Clubs Category
- College & Community Category
- College General Category
- Continuing Education Category
- Curriculum Programs Category
- Distance Education Programs Category
- Facilities/Buildings Category
- Finances Category
- Foundation Category
- Graduations Category
- Lee Early College Category
- NCCCS Category
- SGA Category
- Special Events Category
- Sports Category
- Students/Graduates Category
- Uncategorized Category
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018