CCCC gearing up for spring registration
Notice: This article is older than 12 months. Names, contact information, programs, titles, etc. might have changed. If you have any problems please call the main college number, 1-800-682-8353, and we will be happy to direct you accordingly.
SANFORD - The holidays are almost here and spring - that is, the spring semester at Central Carolina Community College - follows shortly after.
CCCC will be closed from Monday, Dec. 23 through Wednesday, Jan. 1, so now is the time for new students to prepare to register for Spring 2014 classes.
Late registration for returning students and registration for new students takes place 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, Jan. 7-9, and 9 a.m.-noon Friday, Jan. 10, at the Dennis A. Wicker Civic Center, in Sanford, Chatham County Campus, in Pittsboro, and the Harnett County Campus, in Lillington. Classes start Monday, Jan. 13.
"We are just now finishing a busy and successful fall semester and look forward to another great semester in the spring," said Ken Hoyle, CCCC vice president of Student Services. "We are always interested in making the student experience at CCCC as convenient and pleasant as possible. I am extremely proud of how Student Services has successfully used technology to make the registration and other student processes de-centralized and student-friendly. Our students and their success are our greatest assets and we always want to reflect that."
For students new to CCCC, there are four steps to complete before registering for classes:
- First, fill out and submit the Admissions Application at www.cccc.edu/apply. If a printed application is needed, call 800-682-8353. Return the printed application to: Admissions Office, Central Carolina Community College, 1105 Kelly Drive, Sanford, NC 27330.
- Second, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov/. CCCC's school code for the application is "005449." For assistance, contact the college's Financial Aid Office, 919-718-7229.
- Third, contact the high school(s) and college(s) you have attended and have them send your official transcripts to the Admissions Office.
- Fourth, take a Placement Test to assess your English, math and reading skills, so you know which level to enroll in. Visit the Placement Test website, www.cccc.edu/studentservices/placementtesting/, or call 800-682-8353 for more information.
If you need a "brush up" in any of these subjects, attend a Free Placement Test Review session. To sign up, call 919-718-7485, or send an email to email@example.com with your full name and phone number.
Payment for classes is due by noon on Jan. 10. Payment options are online at www.cccc.edu/payment.
For specific enrollment questions, contact the Admissions Office at 919-718-7300.
CCCC offers several options to help new students be successful:
- Sign up for a New Student Orientation session at www.cccc.edu/orientation. During orientation, you will learn how to be successful.
- A Personal Campus Tour can be scheduled by contacting Kelvin Hunt, director of Student Outreach and Recruitment, at 919-718-7368 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For assistance in choosing a career or major, contact Mary Parker, Career Services coordinator, at 919-718-7396 or by email to email@example.com.
- Assistance in applying for veterans' educational benefits can be obtained by contacting Tracey Gross, 919-718-7233 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Veterans who need help applying to or adjusting to a college environment can contact the college's Veterans Upward Bound (VUB) Program, for assistance. Visit www.cccc.edu/vub to apply, or email email@example.com/ or call 919-718-7463.
- If you need special accommodations, contact Matt Smith, Special Populations coordinator, at 919-718-7416 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also connect with and learn more about the college by downloading its mobile app to your smart phone, iPad or iPodTouch. To download, visit www.cccc.edu/bbmobile/ or go to your phone's Application Store and search either "CCCC" or "Central Carolina Community College."
- Admin, Faculty & Staff Category
- Arts & Entertainment Category
- Clubs Category
- College & Community Category
- College General Category
- Continuing Education Category
- Curriculum Programs Category
- Distance Education Programs Category
- Facilities/Buildings Category
- Finances Category
- Foundation Category
- Graduations Category
- Lee Early College Category
- NCCCS Category
- SGA Category
- Special Events Category
- Sports Category
- Students/Graduates Category
- Uncategorized Category
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017