CCCC-Chatham serves up 3x3 Comedy Dinner Theatre
Notice: This article is older than 12 months. Names, contact information, programs, titles, etc. might have changed. If you have any problems please call the main college number, 1-800-682-8353, and we will be happy to direct you accordingly.
click image to enlarge ⊗
Enjoy a delightful combination of comedy and cuisine as Central Carolina Community College acting ... (more)
PITTSBORO - Theatergoers are in for an entertaining - as well as delicious - experience as Central Carolina Community College acting and culinary arts students blend their talents and serve up the "3x3 Comedy Dinner Theatre."
The event features three short comedies and a three-course meal for a great evening of theatrical and gastronomic enjoyment.
Ellen Bland, CCCC Communication and Theater instructor, who is known for her outstanding work in community theater, directs the plays. Chef Gregg Hamm, director of the college's Hospitality and Culinary Program, directs the preparation of the dinner. Hamm also operates Cafe 121, in Sanford. Some dietary options will be available at each show.
"Our fall 'whodunnit' dinner theatre was a great success," said Bland. "This semester's acting students look forward to showing off their versatility with even more comedy."
The "Comedy Dinner Theatre" offers four performances for ages 11 and up: 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 24, and Thursday, April 26; and 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. Saturday, April 28, in the Chatham Community Library's Holmes Meeting Room, 197 N.C. Highway 87, Pittsboro. CORA food pantry will accept donations of non-perishable food items at all shows.
The Saturday performances top off the college's 50th Anniversary Chatham Celebration, which takes place from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Chatham County Campus, 764 West St., Pittsboro.
Dinner theater seating is limited; advance ticket purchase is required. Tickets are $16, including show and meal. They are available Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., at the Administration Office, Building 1, on the Chatham Campus, or at www.brownpapertickets.com.
Come and enjoy the triple laughs with:
- "Playwriting 101: The Rooftop Lesson," by Rich Orloff. A playwright's characters take over his play. It is produced by arrangement with Playscripts, Inc.
- "Don't Blame Me, I'm Just the Playwright," by Carrie McWethy. A good play becomes increasingly more absurd, thanks to corporate meddling. It is produced by arrangement with Playscripts, Inc.
- "The Fifteen Minute Hamlet" by Tom Stoppard. The queen wants the entire play performed in only 15 minutes - by only six actors! It is produced by arrangement with Samuel French Publishing.
- Admin, Faculty & Staff Category
- Arts & Entertainment Category
- Clubs Category
- College & Community Category
- College General Category
- Continuing Education Category
- Curriculum Programs Category
- Distance Education Programs Category
- Facilities/Buildings Category
- Finances Category
- Foundation Category
- Graduations Category
- Lee Early College Category
- NCCCS Category
- SGA Category
- Special Events Category
- Sports Category
- Students/Graduates Category
- Uncategorized Category
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017