- Look through our course offerings to see which ones interest you, and discover if distance education matches your learning style. See "Explore Your Options" below for more information.
- Complete the Learn & Earn application for the upcoming term and submit it to CCCC. See "How to Register" below for more information.
- Get started in your online course! See "Get Started" below for more information.
If you have questions about the description of a particular course, visit CCCC's Distance Education website and look for the "Getting Started" section. A list of the course descriptions are linked there.
Is Distance Education for You?
Use this self-evaluation tool to find out, and discuss the results with your high school guidance counselor.
Also, make sure to discuss your desired courses with your high school guidance counselor.
Complete the Learn & Earn application.
- Print and complete this application in black or blue ink, or open this electronic application and complete it.
- The application must be printed and signed by the high school principal.
- Mail in or fax the application using the contact information listed on the document.
- Always follow-up and confirm receipt of the application by contacting the Learn & Earn Counselor at email@example.com.
Refer to the CCCC Distance Education website for information about getting started in the course. Information about how to login can be found in the CCCC DE Student Guide, which is linked in the "General Information" section on the Distance Education website.
During your first week of class, the instructor will have an online orientation set up in the course. Orientations must be completed by the date advertised in the Student Guide, or you will be dropped from the course.
Please note: CCCC Learn & Earn Online courses may not begin at the same time as your high school courses. Pay special attention to the course start date listed in the DE Student Guide.
Textbooks and information about getting started will be sent directly to the high school facilitator prior to the beginning of the class. You should also receive an e-mail which confirms your registration and explains how to begin in the course.
If you have questions, always feel free to contact the CCCC Learn & Earn counselor for instructions on getting started at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about the Learn & Earn Online Program?
Visit the North Carolina Community College System Virtual Learning Community's Learn & Earn website.