Monday, September 16, 2013
View all events for this date
- 2:00 pm - 3:25 pm
- Career Center - Is Your RESME Catching the Eye of Employers?
To enhance your employability skills, a Resume Writing Tips, Traits and Tools Workshop is being sponsored by the Career Center on the Lee County (Sanford) campus for the purpose of understanding the techniques to writing a resume that will get you to the next step in the hiring process which is the interview. This workshop will lead you through a variety of subjects geared towards providing extensive knowledge about the product you are marketing...YOU!
You will receive information and hands-on instruction involving:
- Discussion on Four (4) Types of Resume Formats and the advantages & disadvantages of each
- How to write an employment objective that shows potential employers that you have direction
- Make the most of your work experience
- Know what to reveal in a resume, and what to keep to yourself
- Introduction to ONET Online as a resume writing tool
- Learn to overcome gaps in work history
- The Purpose of Cover Letters and what they should say
- Discover how to use References to your advantage
Due to limited seating, please RSVP by contacting Mary Parker, Career Center Coordinator via email at email@example.com
no later than Monday, September 16, 2013 at 4:00pm.
I applaud your interest and participation in your career success and look forward to having you attend the workshop.
- Specific Location: Bell Welcome Center Testing Room 102
- General Location: Sanford Campus
- Audience: All